Gordon HouseImages1 / Information
Location London SW1
Status Completed 2002
Gordon House is a former 1920′s depository building, reconfigured with a new entrance befitting its scale and location, with office accommodation above. The building was granted planning permission in 1998, with the addition of a penthouse floor and full refurbishment in 2008.
The design of the entrance reception and offices responds to and compliments the original features of the industrial building such as the vaulted concrete soffits and exposed cast iron structure.
At the reception level, a series of new perforated screens create layers through which the entrance is revealed. Concrete, terrazzo, steel and render are the robust palette of materials used, softened and modelled by sculptural lighting set within the fabric of walls and windows.
Client Derwent London plc
Quantity Surveyor EC Harris/The Collins Partnership
Services Peter Deer and Associates
Structure Price and Myers